NIŠOPEN 2020 Pandemic Edition has been succesfully completed!
Congratulations to all players!
NIŠOPEN 2020 Pandemic Edition
International Go Tournament
2020, December 25-27th
VENUE: City of Niš (Serbia), Hotel Vidikovac Niš
As this year’s edition of NIŠOPEN takes place during the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic, we made the decision to split the tournament in two parts, online and in-person, in accordance to all regulatory measures.
- EXHIBITION ROUND: The first round of the tournament is open worldwide and will take place on the OGS server on Friday, 25th of December 2020. It’s open for all Go players around the world, who would in normal circumstances be able to participate in NIŠOPEN 2020 in-person. All participants of this round will get a special tournament souvenir on NIŠOPEN 2021. Your participation is a help for our efforts to organize the last tournament in Europe in 2020.
- COMPETITIVE PART: Consists of the remaining 5 rounds which will be held live in Hotel Vidikovac, 26-27 December 2020.
Friday, December 25th
19:00 (CET) First round (1) ONLINE: OGS Go Server https://online-go.com/
Thanks to all players who participated in the online exhibiton round. These are the results. We wish to see you next year in the live tournament.
Saturday, December 26th
09:30-10:00 Opening ceremony
10:00-12:30 Second round (2)
14:00-16:30 Third round (3)
17:00-19:30 Fourth round (4)
Sunday, December 27th
09:30-12:00 Fifth round (5)
12:00-14:30 Sixth round (6)
17:00 Awarding and Closing Ceremony, Special catering for all participants
SYSTEM: MacMahon 1+5 rounds, Japanese rules (6.5 komi)
TIME: 60 minutes + 3*30 sec (or 10/25) byoyomi
- Tournament fee for whole tournament for older than 18 years: 1.500,00 RSD (Free for Youth under 18 years)
- No tournament fee for those participating in the online exhibition part of the tournament
Registration deadline: Online round – 25.12. until 15h; for the live part – 26.12. until 09.30h
- The first (1) place: 15.000 RSD
- The second (2) place: 10.000 RSD
- The third (3) place: 5.000 RSD
Other tournament prizes: the best kyu player, the best women’s player, the best youth player (U16 and U12) and the youngest player.
NOTE: Prizes are not cumulative!
Accomodation at the venue will be provided to all players: 3.500,00 RSD (person/full board).
Hotel Vidikovac features air-conditioned rooms with a flat-screen TV and free WiFi. It is boasting a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge with a bar and a terrace. The property also features room service, luggage storage, free parking and non-smoking rooms for guests.
All guest rooms at the hotel are fitted with a seating area, desk and a private bathroom. Selected rooms have a terrace. Hotel Vidikovac offers a continental or Full English/Irish breakfast.
GPS coordinates of the venue are: 43°18’17.9″ N, 21°54’41.8″ E (43.304962, 21.911605).
- Wearing a face mask is required in all areas of the tournament venue!
For latest information about COVID-19 in the Republic of Serbia, please follow the official COVID-19 website: https://covid19.rs/homepage-english/
IMPORTANT: For entering Serbia, a negative PCR test (not older than 48h) is required!